Aavalar Consulting has been retained a well established, growing technology company in the Western suburbs of Philadelphia to provide a mid level Automation / Process Control Engineer who has solid experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and SCADA systems. This individual will develop process control, data acquisition and reporting systems for industrial manufacturing clients. This is a great opportunity for someone who has 4 to 10 years of experience with real-time control and SCADA systems.
*** We are also considering candidates who are interested in Full Time Employment or Contract to Hire for this position ***
Position Title: Automation / Process Control Engineer.
Work Location: Western Suburbs of Philadelphia
– Office and/or lab in a suburban office park.
Who does this position report to?
– Director of Information Technology Division
Why is this position open?
– Our client is growing, and needs to hire more engineers.
Size of department:
– This group is fairly small… less than six
Projects involved with:
– Various custom implementations as specified by our client’s customers.
Design, develop and implement Automation, Proces Control and SCADA systems for Manufacturing Systems.
– 4 to 10 years of experience developing and installing Process Control, Automation and/or SCADA Systems.
– 4 to 10 years of experience programming PLCs and SCADA systems.
– Experience developing reporting software for Control Systems
– BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chem E. or similar.
– Really strong communication skills both verbal and written.
– Experience with Wonderware automation software.
Selling point of the job:
– This is a great opportunity to work for a GROWING company in a very hot technology area. Our client has NEVER had a layoff. This position pays a bonus based on the profit of the company
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical professional day. When installing systems in a factory floor situation off hours are usually required.
Is there travel involved? Yes… some.
Dress code: Business casual
How is compensation structured?
– Base Salary: Open… Based on experience
– Bonuses: Yes… Based on the profit of the company
– Stock options: no
What other benefits are there?
– Major Medical Insurance: Yes. 100% of the health insurance premium for individual policies, the family portion is paid by the employee.
– Dental Insurance: Yes.
– Long Term Disability Insurance: TBD
– Life Insurance: TBD
– Pension/ 401k : Yes
Who is involved in the interview process?
– This will end up being a group interview with senior members of the technical staff. The discussion will get pretty detailed, so be ready to talk about the nuts and bolts of database development, not just generalities.
Target Start Date: ASAP
Keywords: Automation, Process Control, Data Acquisition, Engineer, PLC, Ladder Logic, SCADA, MES (Manufacturing Execution System), WonderWare