Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
Position Title: Project Manager
Work Location: West Chester Area
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Office Building
Who does this position report to? Director
Why is this position open? Company is Growing
Projects involved with: PM will be involved with every step of the project from Pre-Planning through Project close out.
• Project Manager is responsible for client and CM satisfaction of the project. PM is the face of the company.
• PM will be the main point of contact for company during all phases of the project.
• Must evaluate project schedule with GC and client as well as coordinate schedule with company dispatch.
• Determine deadline expectations for project with construction team and client
• Determine obstacles in project that might require long lead time of subcontractor labor
• Work closely with construction team to prioritize room completion for data and conference rooms.
• Invoicing schedule to coincide with project completion percentage
• Evaluate technicians based on project difficulty
• Evaluate labor usage compared to labor quoted
• Note non-billable items against project budget (Equipment rental, Hardware)
• Work closely with CM and end user to make sure techs always have the latest drawing set.
• Keep floor plans throughout project.
• Quote all change orders throughout project due to new requests or changes in project.
• Conduct walk through during project close out.
• Ensure quality of install in every aspect of project (Level/labeled face plates, AV programming, and security programming)
• Obtain all final invoices from sub-contractors, review and initial final invoices for project, complete project as-builts and provide to client.
• Make sure all field personnel adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and have and are wearing proper PPE.
• Understanding of how to reading drawings and performing takeoffs to form a BOM, review and edit bill of materials to fit job and building requirements.
• Must be able to evaluate and coordinate schedules with GC or end user and determined deadlines.
• Working history and understanding of voice and data cabling including: fiber optics terminations and installation, cat5e & cat6, and EIA/TIA standards and BICSI installation
• Experience in access controls, CCTV, burglar alarms, intercoms, networking and other low-voltage applications is highly beneficial.
• Must act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
• Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
Selling point of the job: Great opportunity to grow within a company that is on the move.
Work Hours and Schedule: Must be able to work days, nights, and weekends as required.
Is there travel involved? If so how much? Must be willing to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Dress code: Business Casual
Base Salary: Open
Who is involved in the interview process? Directors
Target Start Date: ASAP