Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is seeking a bright, flexible, articulate individual who will function as a Business Analyst or Project Manager or both in an information technology driven, fast growing enterprise. The successful candidate could come from either business or technology, but will need a BS/BA in some technology field like Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science OR a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
Position Title: Business Analyst – Project Manager
Work Location: King of Prussia, PA
Work environment: Class “A” office space and a booming business.
Who does this position report to? Senior Program/Project Manager
Why is this position open? – Growth
Size of department: TBD
Projects involved with:
This is the interesting part… Projects vary endlessly depending on what our client’s customer needs are and composition of the team involved. Bottom line is, you won’t be bored and there’s lots to learn!
• Translate business requirements into technical requirements, user stories, use cases, etc.
• Act as a liaison between technical teams and business stake holders
• Help / guide the technical team members to help them understand what needs to be done.
• Document processes and present potential ways to use existing technology more effectively.
• Track and report project progress and status to various levels of managment.
• Determine how systems can meet customer needs but maintain profitability.
• Always help to make processes more efficient.
• Contribute to software testing by visualizing and documenting test scenarios.
• Drive product and system knowledge to all users.
Required Experience Skills and Education:
• 5+ years of experience as a BA or PM
• BS or BA degree – could be business or technology oriented
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Experience using MS Project
• Experience using MS Visio
• Good proficiency with MS Office
• Some real technical understanding of web/software development
• Real world experience helping software development teams communicate with business stake holders to create custom solutions that fit customer needs.
• Really strong written and verbal communication skills
• Configuration and/or implementation experience with enterprise level applications such as BI, CRM, and ERP apps.
• Ability to and willingness to facilitate meetings.
• Configuration experience with some of the following systems: Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Sharepoint, Tableau.
• Experience with systems that require ETL (Extract Transfer Load) processes
• Experience with some sort of data reporting tools
Selling point of the job: Unique, charming and a rapidly growing company that offers flexibility, room to grow, work/life balance and fully paid health care in addition to profit sharing.
Work Hours and Schedule: M-F Flexible Hours
Is there travel involved? No
Dress code: Business Casual
How is compensation structured?
>Base Salary: Yes
What other benefits are there?
>Major Medical Insurance: Company Paid
>Profit Sharing- Yes
Who is involved in the interview process?
• As with many roles, this will likely start out with a phone interview and successful candidates will progress to an in person meeting the SR Project Manager and other senior members of the company staff.
Target Start Date: ASAP