Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar has an immediate opportunity for a Business Analyst with Project Management skills. Experience with configuration or development of ERP, CRM, BI, Accounting / Finance systems on an enterprise level is necessary and experience in the consulting world would be a home run.
This is a full time direct opportunity, but we may consider contract to hire candidates.
Consultant’s Title: Business Analyst
Work Location: Western suburbs of Philadelphia
Is Telecommuting possible? Not initially
Work environment: Office in a very nice suburban office park
Who does this position will report to?: Director of IT
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor?
Our client is a rapidly growing company that is developing customer facing websites / portals that provide sensitive private information to their customers.
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of this opportunity?:
- Long term… Probably full time but will consider contract or contract to hire
What is the size of department?: Approx. 10
What projects will the consultant be involved with?:
Project content will depend on our client’s customers. In almost all situations the end product will be customer facing websites and/or data conversion and analysis tools.
- Act as a liaison between IT and business stake holders
- Analyze and document business processes
- Develop requirement documents for enterprise solutions
- Act as a project manager for various projects as needed
- Oversee testing of systems as they are installed or upgraded.
- Help customers balance system usability with with security and financial responsibility
Role with the group: Business Analyst / Project Manager
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS degree… (MIS, IT, IS would be preferred)
- Several years of experience as a Business Analyst for software development
- Minimum 6 years of overall industry experience
- Several years of Project management experience (NO Certification required)
- Demonstrable experience facilitating a full life cycle software development project with a team of developers, analysts, business stakeholders, etc.
- Experience implementing ERP, CRM, BI, or Accounting / Finance systems on an enterprise level
- Strong MS Office Skills PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.
- Strong communication and documentation skills and experience
- Ability to facilitate and control requirement definition meetings
- Experience using MS Project
- Experience with MS Visio
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Experience with ETL and Data Conversion projects
- Experience with report development in a Microsoft environment.. SSRS, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Experience with large ERP and or CRM systems
Selling point of the job:
This is a rapidly growing company with really interesting software development challenges. Great way to get in on the ground floor.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical business hours with some flex.
Is there travel involved? No
Dress Code: Biz Casual… very relaxed environment
Who is involved in the interview process?
- COO, Director of IT, and senior members of the technical staff.