Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
Position Title: Configuration Manager
Work Location: King of Prussia Area
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Office Building
Why is this position open? Company is Growing
Size of department: TBD
Projects involved with: Manage build and release process, while working with both the Development Team, and Production team in their middle ground.
• Make sure of the integrity, reliability, and reproducibility of internally and externally developed software products from beginning to end.
• Develop CM Team Mission Statement: detailing the team’s role and responsibility
• Designing, developing, implementing, and supporting high level software build systems
• Provide new techniques and technologies for new build systems and evolve existing systems
• Maintaining and enhancing external interfaces to build systems and information
• Stay current on latest technologies
• Develop build scripts and tools for build scripts.
• Integrate automated builds and build artifacts into test environment, unit test harnesses, and code analysis tools
• Supply estimates, and managing own schedule at component/sub system level, manage build machines, servers, and build environments. Knowledge of security concepts and processes for build systems
• Assist with implementation of production dashboard
• Configuration Management expertise
• Working knowledge of change & release management
• Knowledge of the production process
• Independent project preparation, scheduling, and coordination.
• Report and present materials as needed
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Server based software systems
• Scripting Language knowledge a must.
• Experience with Microsoft Software environments and technologies (Windows Server, .Net, C#, SQL Server, IIS, Hyper-V)
• Working experience implementing and managing code source tools (Git, etc)
• Source Code administration a must
• Familiarity with release planning and management
• Experience with software testing
• Experience with Terabyte-scale data
• Strong verbal and written communication and group facilitation skills
• Work effectively with Product Engineering, Production Support IT, Analytics, and client Service teams
• Working knowledge with TQM, Six Sigma, etc
• Experience using web based reporting platforms
• Experience with capacity management and performance tuning
• Experience with physical data center environments
• Experience with cloud based data center environments
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery planning and execution
• 10 years technology related roles
• 7 years Configuration Management or other software release role
• 5 years full life cycle experience (design-production delivery-support)
• Work with SaaS model
• Bachelor’s Degree, in computer or technical related discipline, or comparable experience in relevant technical area.
Selling point of the job: Configuration Management Position
Work Hours and Schedule: Normal Business hours
Is there travel involved? If so how much? Less than 10% required for client visits, conference, and training opportunities
Dress code: Business Casual
How is compensation structured?
Target Start Date: ASAP