This is a great opportunity for the “young guns” out there who have been working with, experimenting and hacking with a Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, etc. in a cloud based (AWS, Azure, etc.) environment to enter the white hot field of Middleware design, implementation and DevOps aka Application Deployment Engineering or Automation Engineer!
We are looking to build a team for one of our client that can automate their current processes to scale as we grow. That means folks who grew up in the latest greatest technologies with no ties to the “legacy” coding world of days gone by. We’re looking for free thinkers who want to challenge existing methods and lead the way to better, faster, more efficient ways to automate processes in DevOps.
We’re looking to be super flexible and creative with these roles some things to keep in mind if you think you are interested.
• We are NOT looking for a set number of years of experience.
• We ARE looking for personable, coachable type of folks who are excited about problem solving regardless of the problem types.
• We ARE looking for sound fundamentals and desire to operate in the infrastructure technology space and are active in the up and coming DevOps technologies & cloud technologies
Position Title: DevOps Cloud Automation Hacker
Work Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Is Telecommuting possible? Yes
Work environment: A pretty unique office/data center combination with easy access to major highways, free parking and plenty of nearby apartments for those who are working away from home.
Who does this position will report to?: Director of Technical Services
Why is there a need for a candidate? Increased workload… Need programmers who understand cloud environments, tools, techniques, etc.
What is the start date?: ASAP
What is the size of department?: TBD
What projects will the candidate be involved with?:
• Ongoing production support of Java J2EE, Weblogic, Oracle environment
• Ongoing design and implementation of infrastructure solutions in the System/Middleware space
• Periodic high level technical support for middleware problem resolution
• Mentoring of team members who are less familiar with automation and cloud technology
• Design and implement infrastructure solutions in the System/Middleware space.
• Automate Middleware processes using various scripting tools and programming languages.
• Collaborate with the development teams and provide recommendations and guidance on solutions for systems and middleware config.
• Provide high level support in the escalation for all system/middleware issues and assist in incident resolution and problem management.
• Lifecycle management of system and middleware components.
• Analyze production environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Work with the Information Security, Compliance and Business Continuity teams to ensure systems are hardened and in compliance with the Corporate and Regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure that the solutions engineered and implemented in the Web/Middleware technologies meet compliance requirements.
Role with the group: Cloud systems DevOps automation specialist
Most descriptions have “Requirements”…this role is pretty flexible, but here’s an example of technology suites. You’ll need to have a grasp of some subset of these or you won’t make it through first phone conversation:
• Orchestration and automation technologies (Ansible is our choice but open to others)
• Cloud technologies like AWS, Microsoft Azure etc.
• Container technologies like Docker etc. and past experience going down that path.
• Code experience with any of the programming languages like Python, Ruby etc. and PL/SQL
• Experience in middleware technologies like J2EE containers and Messaging technologies and Kafka/ElasticSearch desirable.
• Experience inter-operating in an organization running large Oracle RAC DB clusters and/or Exadata desirable.
Selling point of the job: If you are a programmer and you want your employer to invest in you to grow your skills in automation DevOps and cloud development, then this is the job for you. This is your chance to get on board with a high profile, stable client.
Work Hours and Schedule:
• We know you’re worried about “work hours”… If you apply for this we know you live, eat, and breathe this stuff
Is there travel involved? Maybe some local travel but nothing significant.
Dress Code: Casual / Biz Casual
Target Salary: TBD… Gotta be competitive.