Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
One of Aavalar’s clients is an up and coming Technology Company in the Western suburbs of Philadelphia. Aavalar has been engaged to fill a key role in the organization: a Director of Data Analytics. The successful candidate for this role will work with upper management to develop analytics strategies and architecture to leverage existing and future data stores. Ultimately this individual will oversee the entire data analytics effort from researching new technologies, to choosing the tool set, to overseeing development of reporting and dashboard systems.
This is a full time direct opportunity.
Consultant’s Title: Director of Analytics
Work Location: Western suburbs of Philadelphia
Is Telecommuting possible? Not initially
Work environment: Office in a very nice suburban office park
Who does this position will report to?: CIO
Why is there a need for this role?
- Our client is a rapidly growing company that is developing customer facing websites / portals that provide sensitive private information to their customers.
What is the start date?: ASAP
What is the size of department?: Approx. 12
What projects will this individual be involved with?:
- Projects will be largely driven by customer demand, but the overriding mission will be to direct the analytics development effort and standardized processes, procedures, toolsets and development methodologies.
- Work with upper management to decide on overall direction and strategy to drive growth and profitability
- Research best analytics tools and techniques to use
- Establish best practices and internal processes and procedures
- Oversee development of reporting systems, dashboards, etc.
- Work with vendors to review and approved proposals, etc.
- Manage staffing, growth and development of the Analytics Team
Role with the group: Director of Data Analytics
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a BS or BA in Comp Sci, Mathematics, Business, etc.
- At least 9 to 11 years of industry experience
- Solid experience in a leadership, strategic, or architectural role within a BI (business intelligence) and data analytics function.
- At least 5 years of experience working with BI and data analytics tools and platforms.
- Ability and experience in translating business requirements to technical specs.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills… must be able to give examples
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work as part of a small team and complete many diverse tasks
- Experience with highly regulated data and regulations such as HIPPA
- Experience with MS SSRS
- Experience with Tableau
Selling point of the job:
- This is a rapidly growing company with some really interesting possibilities in terms of how they will be able to leverage their data assets. This is a stable, profitable company with really interesting technology.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical business hours with some flex.
Is there travel involved? No
Dress Code: Biz Casual… very relaxed environment
Who is involved in the interview process?
- COO, CIO, and senior members of the technical staff.