Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Work Location: Glen Mills, PA Area
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Office Building, regular driving to project sites.
Who does this position report to? Service Manager
Why is this position open? Company is growing
Projects involved with: Installation of the client’s A/V environment.
Responsibilities: Responsible for altering the configuration, troubleshooting system failures, and debugging various systems. Recommend field or software changes for better performance of systems.
• Troubleshoot and debug applications in standard industry languages (Crestron, Extron, AMX, ClearOne, Tandberg, and BiAmp
• Must be able to make GUI adjustments in field
• Must be able to complete performance tuning and balancing of communication for optimal usability and performance
• Evaluate existing systems and “reverse-engineer” the system in order to provide the Software Developer with accurate information to write a new functional code.
• Configure all devices installed to their optimal settings.
• Load and configure Control & DSP codes.
• Must be able to create LAN and WLAN networks.
• Expert reading and understanding AV Engineering drawings.
• Experience working with and explaining CAD functional, riser, and architectural drawings.
• Prefer certification in Polycom, Tandberg, Crestron, BiAmp, AMX, BSS and/or ClearOne Software
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to identify and distinguish colors
• Regular driving to job sites
• Frequently required to walk, bend, stand, sit, reach, grasp, type
• Clear vision 20” or less and 20’ or more
Selling point of the job: Company is growing and you will have the ability to grow from within.
Work Hours and Schedule: Normal work hours, but must be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime as necessary
Is there travel involved? Yes If so how much? Travel overnight at least 10 to 15% of work time in a given year.
Base Salary: Open
Who is involved in the interview process? Installation Manager, VP of Technology Services, and Ownership.
Interview process is as follows Phone Interview, In-Person interview with Installation Manager and VP of Tech Services, In-Person with Ownership.