Position Title: FPGA Design Engineer
We have an immediate opening with one of our global clients that will require us to provide an experienced FPGA Engineer. The successful candidate for this role with be an individual with a deep understanding of complex embedded systems. This is a great opportunity to develop new products in an exciting and growing facet of the industrial electronics industry.
Work Location: Malvern, PA
Work environment: Low rise office building in a beautiful suburban setting
Who does this position report to: Director of Engineering
Why is this position open? Company Growth and new product development
• Participating in FPGA/digital electronics new product design
• Developing FPGA-based solutions for metrology systems
• Lab testing prototypes and addressing FPGA performance improvements
• Troubleshooting and determining root cause for failures in circuit design, board design, or fabrication.
• B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• FPGA firmware development
• VHDL or Verilog code development, simulation, synthesis and timing closure
• Xilinx, Altera or Lattice
• Digital circuit design
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Electronic testing equipment (Oscilloscope, VOM, Logic Analyzer, etc)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent relationship building skills
Selling point of the job:
• Our client creates some really complex and interesting systems. If you are looking for an intellectual challenge and not just a job, this is for you.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical Business hours with some flex
Dress code: Biz Casual
Who is involved in the interview process?
• This is a pretty typical interview process. It will likely start out with a phone conversation and progress to in-person interviews with the Director and other senior members of the technical staff as well as HR.
Target Start Date: ASAP
Major Medical Insurance: Yes with employee contribution
Dental/Vision Insurance: Yes with employee contribution
Long Term Disability Insurance: Yes
Life Insurance: Yes
Pension/ 401k : Yes with employer matching
Tuition Reimbursement: Yes
Flexible Medical Spending Accounts: Yes
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.