Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Work Location: Ridley Park, PA Area
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Private Office and Warehouse
Who does this position report to? Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Why is this position open? Company just signed a contract with a major client and needs additional resources to fill and complete projects.
Size of department: 20 people
Projects involved with: Mechanical Engineering and design projects.
Responsibilities: : Execution of higher level mechanical tasks as directed by Sr Mechanical Engineer such as mechanical assembly, design and fabrication of simple structure elements. Integration and test of new control algorithms.
• 3-5 years experience
• Knowledge of electro mechanical assembly
• Knowledge of mechanical testing
• Experience using Solidworks
• Experience converting solid models into tolerance machine drawings
• Must have practical knowledge of control systems PID
• Able to make modifications to software to support changes to control algorithms
• Formal approach to integration and test of high value unique test articles
• Well versed in GD&T and thermal management for enclosures
• Will be responsible for designing a NEMA enclosure for our tether management system
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Selling point of the job: This is a unique company with very unique products, one will never be bored with the day to day design and operations.
Work Hours and Schedule: Normal Business Hours
Is there travel involved? If so how much? No Travel
Dress code: Business Casual
Base Salary: Open
Who is involved in the interview process? Sr Electrical Engineer and Sr Mechanical Engineer