Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
Position Title: Lead Security Technician
Work Location: West Chester, PA area
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Office Building
Who does this position report to? Project Manager
Why is this position open? Company is Growing
Size of department: 5-10 People
Projects involved with: Installation of Access Control, Intrusion Detection, IP CCTV, Fiber Optic Cable and test equipment. Lead member of a technical team and will organize small groups of installers for projects.
• Installation of access control systems (Brivo, Infinias, Kantech)
• Installation of IP CCTV systems, IP based indoor and outdoor cameras. Eagle IP bridge and Exacqvision.
• Cable installation in modular furniture, walls, floors, and communication closets. Cable hanging support structures (terminate CAT.5e and CAT.6 jacks and fiber optics) Must be able to mount face plates and boxes.
• Construct communication closets, grounding for racks, equipment, cable and completion of all IDC connections.
• Testing of horizontal and riser cable, use of volt ohmmeter, troubleshoots, shorts and transpose on horizontal and riser cable, document test results.
• Working knowledge of active voice and data circuit
• Organize personnel and timeline for project, provide direct supervision to installers.
• Must adhere to all BICSI installation procedures
• Read construction drawings and specifications, fix installation issues with field techs and clients.
• Must be able to work unsupervised
• 3-5 years experience as a Level II Lead Tech, BICSI Tech certification or Intaller I,II
• Must understand how to read drawings and complete takeoffs to form a BOM
• Understanding of voice and data components: fiber optics termination and install, CAT5e & CAT6, EIA/TIA requirements, and BICSI install requirements
• Knowledge of access controls, CCTV, burglar alarms, intercoms, networking, low voltage applications.
• Must be able to work at heights in a confined space, lift 50 pounds and move 75 pounds.
• Problem solving skills, must be able to write and give oral presentations.
• Must act as company liaison for interface with representatives, and promote company culture.
• Distinguishing different colors a must, read small print, and ability to recognize audible signals.
Selling point of the job: Company is growing fast. This is a great opportunity to grow with in the company.
Work Hours and Schedule: Willingness to work days, nights and weekends as required.
Is there travel involved? If so how much? Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Dress code: Business Casual
Base Salary: Open
Who is involved in the interview process? Project Manager
Target Start Date: ASAP