This is a great opportunity for an engineer who knows their way around a machine shop, and understands what works and what doesn’t when it comes to fabricating mostly low volume custom parts. If you are interested in and have hands on experience managing the design, fabrication and production of mostly low volume custom parts, this could be a great opportunity for you. Check out the following job description.
Position Title: Mechanical Process Engineer
Work Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia on the Jersey side
Work environment: Pretty typical machine shop environment
Who does this position report to? Engineering Manager
Why is this position open? Business is booming and the company is growing
Size of department: Approx 12 but growing
Projects involved with:
• Ongoing process engineering for low volume custom mechanical part design and fabrication.
The successful candidate in this role will have spent many years in machine shops learning the processes involved in fabricating custom parts, many of them metal, and learning as a practical matter what works and what doesn’t. When an order arrives, the individual in this role will…
• Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
• Strong CAD or AutoCAD skills
• Analyze mechanical drawings
• Research materials needed
• Determine what machining processes will be needed to create the part
• Write a “recipe” or process flowchart detailing which processes need to be completed and in what order
• Supervise the fabrication and quality control of the parts.
• Identify ways to reduce production costs
• Develop TAKT times
• Develop KPI’s
• Train and keep staff up to date on new development processes and technologies
• Extensive machine shop experience
• Experience managing the complete process of fabricating complete mechanical devices or parts
• Ability to do materials research to determine which new materials can be substituted for existing
• Experience reverse engineering existing parts so that new ones can be created.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Selling point of the job:
• This environment has endless variety of interesting projects. You will never be stuck making hundreds of thousands of one part for one machine.
• The company is growing by leaps and bounds. New and expanded office, lab and machine shop space is in the works now.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical day shift hours…
Is there travel involved? No
Dress code: Business casual or work clothes depending on the situation.
Base Salary: Open… We don’t want to exclude anyone
What other benefits are there?
>Major Medical Insurance: Yes… four plans to choose from
>Dental/Vision Insurance: Yes/Yes
>Long Term Disability Insurance: Yes available through payroll deduction
>Life Insurance: No
>Pension/ 401k: Yes
Who is involved in the interview process?
• There will likely be a number of people involved in the interview process from senior engineers to HR to at least a principal of the company, probably starting out with a short phone interview and then an on-site interview.
Target Start Date: ASAP
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.