Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is working with a client in Center City Philadelphia to provide a Senior Level Microsoft SQL Development Consultant who has expert level experience delivering well designed, thoroughly tested, T-SQL stored procedures and SSIS code. The successful consultant will be well versed in SQL Server performance tuning and be articulate and personable so as to work with end users and business stake holders to develop requirements.
Job Title: Sr. MS SQL Developer
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia / Princeton NJ
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group we are working with at this particular client has some special database development projects to complete, and does not have the capacity to develop it with the current staff.
What is the start date: ASAP
• Follow our client’s Scrum development best practices
• Work with end users to gather requirements and create use cases.
• Design, develop, test, maintain and update software applications independently in an Agile environment.
• Use Test Driven Development techniques and automate unit and integration tests.
• Use version control tools and procedures while developing new releases of software.
• Put in extra effort / time during critical time periods, to deliver solutions and troubleshoot problems.
• BS degree in Comp Sci, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, EE, or equivalent.
• At least 7 to 9+ years of database development experience
• 5+ years of MS SQL Server development with recent experience using 2008 or later.
• Expert T-SQL development experience
• Demonstrable experience writing, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining complex T-SQL Stored procedures
• Experience using GIT or other version control systems
• Experience with automated testing methods and platforms
• Experience with other databases like Oracle and open source database systems
• SSIS Development
• Redgate SQL Tools
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a SQL Development Consultant to make his or her mark in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with really large enterprise databases. This is a real resume builder!
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual