Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.
One of Aavalar’s client’s has an immediate need for a MS SQL Server DBA/Developer. The client would like to hire this individual as a full time direct employee. Aavalar has been engaged to fill this role as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be involved variety of high profile projects (Data Warehouse, BI, and Reporting)
Position Title: MS SQL Server DBA / Developer
Work Location: South Jersey
Work environment: Shared Office
Who does this position report to? CIO
Why is this position open? Company is growing.
Size of department: 7-10
Projects involved with: Involved with a variety of high profile projects. Projects in data warehouse maintenance, development, custom reports, custom written system for billing and payroll processing, customer facing websites.
• Identify, research, and troubleshoot technical problems
• Provide support to end users on reporting requests.
• Provide assistance to .Net development team with database design, development, and support.
• Develop and support ETL processes using SSIS and C#
• Be able to manage daily Data Warehouse publishing process, Detect and re-process package failures
• Implement, support, and promote BI Technologies. (Domo)
• Solid Experience with Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, SSIS, Reporting Services) and Amazon AWS, DOMO cloud BI
• Experience working as a DBA with understanding of operations including backup, admin, and AWS cloud infrastructure
• SSIS development experience – large data warehouse maintenance and development
• Reporting Services Development Experience
• Database development Experience
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012
• SSIS and ETL Methodologies
• Database Design, ERD
• Working knowledge with T-SQL and stored procedures
• Query tuning on high transaction systems
• 3-5 years’ experience
Selling point of the job: Rapidly growing company that is dominating the market. Great opportunity to play with all the newest technologies.
Work Hours and Schedule: M-F 9-5
Is Telecommuting possible? No
Is there travel involved? No
Dress code: Business casual
How is full time compensation structured?
>Base Salary: Open
>Stock options: No
What other benefits are there?
>Major Medical Insurance (contributory or company paid?): Yes
>Dental/Vision Insurance: Yes, company match
>Long Term Disability Insurance: Yes
>Life Insurance: Yes
>Pension/ 401k: Yes
Who is involved in the interview process? CIO, Architect
Target Start Date: ASAP