Aavalar is working with a client in Houston, TX to provide a Microsoft Windows Desktop Support Specialist who will work initially as a consultant on a 6 month project. The successful consultant will be well versed in supporting Windows 7 and 10 as well as latest versions of MS Office. Also this individual needs to be articulate and personable so as to work with end users and business stake holders to develop requirements.
Job Title: MS Windows Desktop Support Admin
Work Location: Houston TX
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• Business is growing. End users need support, upgrades, etc.
What is the start date: ASAP
• Provide first & second level desktop support for PC/LAN and laptop/workstation end-users including executives and senior-level management.
• Update and monitor ticketing systems.
• Provide routine problem reporting and recommendations to management.
• Utilize technical and procedure documentation for Help Desk, PC desktop/laptop configuration standards and install procedures.
• Configuration and deployment of new desktop and laptop systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and printing issues as they occur
• Assist IT related projects.
• Provide new hardware/software for users as approved, assist in asset tag control and inventory management.
• Install, configure, move, and retire PC equipment.
• Coordinate and collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with clients.
• Overtime and occasional weekend shifts required as needed.
• Frequent regional travel may be required (approximately 25%).
• Experience supporting computers and printers in a network environment.
• Knowledge of computer hardware (Dell, HP, IBM, etc.)
• Experience in Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10
• Experience in Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 Suites, Trend, various Adobe products, Internet Explorer, Cisco VPN, and MS Outlook with MS Exchange for end users.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to provide appropriate client support and interaction.
• Experience with remote control, imaging.
• Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
• Microsoft Certification; MOUS, MCP, MCSE preferred.
• SAP support experience a plus.
• Experience with Apple phones, tablets, and MacBooks a plus.
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Yes… maybe 25%
Dress Code: Biz Casual
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.