Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is working with a client in Center City Philadelphia to provide a Senior Level Software Development Consultant who has expert level experience in .NET development experience but is also well versed in the AWS development environment including Simple Queue Service, Command Line Services, and Lambdas. For a .NET developer who hasn’t used AWS, there really isn’t time to learn it. You need to hit the ground running. The successful consultant will have be familiar with SQL Development (MS SQL Server specifically) and understand how work around problems in the Common Language Runtime code.
Job Title: .NET AWS Developer
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia / Princeton NJ
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group is growing under a new manager who is an accomplished software engineer and proponent of Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development
What is the start date: ASAP
• Work in a BA capacity to gather requirements and create use cases.
• Design, develop, test, maintain and update software applications that are specific to our client’s industry in an Agile environment.
• Use Test Driven Development techniques and automate unit and integration tests.
• Use databases such as SQL Server and AWS S3.
• Identify performance problems and correct those problems in new and existing code.
• Utilize version/change control tools and procedures
• Expert level .NET development experience
• Solid experience with new .NET Core Command-Line Interface tools
• Understanding of Common Language Runtime code
• Experience with various features of AWS development environment including:
o Software Development Kits
o Command Line Services (cli)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Experience working with open source SQL Databases as well as MS SQL Server… Creating database schemas, SQL Programming, etc.
• Real world experience testing software from beginning to integration.
• Experience using GIT or other version control systems
• Experience with automated testing methods and platforms
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a .NET Consultant to make his or her mark in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with a manager who is truly a “student of the game”… Software development that is…
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual