Aavalar is hiring PL/SQL development consultants for a project with a client in the Western Suburbs of Philadelphia PA. The goal of the project will be to analyze existing legacy COBOL and Pro*C code which is hosted on a VAX/VMS system and convert that code to PL/SQL for an up to date Oracle system. Typical functions that need to be converted are ETL, email, reporting and various batch jobs.
The ideal consultants for this project would be fluent in both COBOL and ProC. We know that many developers don’t have both. So, we are willing to consider developers who have experience with other procedural programming languages which may, provide the skills needed for this project.
Consultant’s Title: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Work Location: Malvern, PA
Is Telecommuting possible? No
Work environment: Very Nice Suburban Office Campus near Paoli PA.
Who does this position will report to?: Application Development Manager
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor?
• Legacy system is being modernized. Heavy PL/SQL Development will be required to replace existing COBOL, Pro*C, and Forms based system.
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of the contract?: 6 to 12 months
What is the size of department?: under 12
What projects will the consultant be involved with?:
• Conversion of mission critical COBOL and Pro*C applications to PL/SQL.
• Analyze the existing legacy (COBOL, Pro*C, Forms) to capture business rules.
• Develop and maintain the new generation of our client’s software platform in PL/SQL.
• Document, test and support the newly developed PL/SQL code.
Role with the group: Individual Contributor / Database (PL/SQL) Developer
• BS or BA degree… Comp. Sci., Comp E., EE, or similar. preferred
• Expert Oracle PL/SQL Development
• Experience with procedural programming languages (COBOL and Pro*C preferred)
• Project Management skills.
• Solid knowledge of HTML and/or XHTML
• Experience working on an MS Windows desktop environment with MS Office applications.
• Experience using Jira for bug tracking
• Really perfect communication skills.
• Oracle Forms Development experience
• Experience with VAX VMS DCL
• Experience with Oracle APEX
Selling point of the job:
• This is a high visibility, potentially long term project which will provide the opportunity to leverage legacy programming skills to develop state of the art enterprise level Oracle database applications.
• It is truly a nice place to work… smart, down-to-earth people who have reasonable expectations and delivery deadlines that actually make sense. In short it’s really well managed.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical business hours with plenty of flexibility
Dress Code: Business Casual
Who is involved in the interview process?
• Senior VP, and senior members of the technical staff.
Target rate: TBD – Open… we don’t want to exclude any qualified consultants
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.