Aavalar has been contracted to provide a team of Performance Tester Engineers on a consulting or contract to hire basis to a large clients in Delaware. The group we are working with is growing rapidly and is in charge of performance testing for all corporate systems for a global company. The ideal candidate will have expert level skills using HP LoadRunner (scripting in C) to write test scripts which test the performance of various systems.
NOTE… We are not looking for Functional Testers… We need experts in Performance Testing expertise. This is a high priority requirement, so the on-boarding process will happen quickly after a successful interview process.
Consultant’s Title: Performance Test Engineer
Work Location: Near Wilmington DE
Is Telecommuting possible? No… Need to be on-site
Work environment: Suburban business park with plentiful parking and easy access to major highways.
Who does this position will report to?: Head of Performance Testing
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor?
This is a rapidly growing department within a larger software group. They are taking on performance testing responsibilities for a variety of different projects.
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of the contract?: Long term to perm
What is the size of department?: 20+
What projects will the consultant be involved with?:
Performance testing of corporate IT applications and systems
– Design tests that expose potential performance problems in enterprise software systems.
– Write scripts in LoadRunner using C as the scripting language.
– Execute tests
– Correlate test results to identify parts of the system that are causing performance problems
Role with the group: LoadRunner performance testing expert
– Solid experience performance testing enterprise software systems (this is NOT functional testing)
– Experience collecting performance (non-functional) test requirements
– Expert level experience using LoadRunner to create, execute and analyze performance tests
– Ability to program in C (for creating scripts in LoadRunner)… the following concepts are particularly important
– String manipulation
– Pointer logic
– Experience creating LoadRunner test scripts (not only “recording”) in one or more of the following contexts:
– HTTP Web Protocol (This is essential)
– Citrix performance testing (XenApp, XenDesktop, etc.)
– SAP performance testing
– Performance Testing in one of the following development environments
– Unix / Java
– MS Windows / .NET
– Solid Experience using LoadRunner Analysis tool
– Experience using test results to identify problem areas.
– Ability to interpret and explain Test results to both technical and non-technical members of the staff.
– Experience documenting performance testing results
– Experience in a financial services environment
– Experience with Six Sigma standards
– Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
Selling points of the job:
– This is an opportunity to get into a rapidly growing group in a large stable company.
– Start out as a consultant and decide if you want to go full time later
– State of the art systems and tools to work with
– Many really sharp folks to work with and learn from.
– This is really a resume builder
Work Hours and Schedule: Core business hours with flex
Is there travel involved? No
Dress Code: Business Casual environment
Who is involved in the interview process? Initial phone screen with Program Manager. Group in-person interview with VP and senior members of technical staff
Target rate: $63/hr W2 (no corp to corp)
Keywords: Performance Testing, LoadRunner, LoadRunner Analysis, SAP, HTTP, Protocol, Citrix, Non-Functional Testing, Enterprise Software