Aavalar is working with a prestigious client in Houston, TX to provide an Oracle PL/SQL Development Consultant who has expert level experience delivering well designed, thoroughly tested, PL-SQL code including Functions, Triggers, and Stored Procedures. The successful consultant will be well versed in database / data warehouse design and data modeling as well as Oracle SQL development, testing, production support, and performance tuning. Communications skills need to be nearly perfect… articulate and personable so as to work with end users and business stake holders to develop requirements.
Job Title: PL/SQL Developer
Work Location: Houston, TX
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group we are working with at this particular client has some special database development projects to complete, and does not have the capacity to develop it with the current staff.
What is the start date: ASAP
• Follow our client’s Scrum development best practices
• Work with end users to gather requirements and create use cases.
• Design, develop, test, maintain and update software applications independently in an Agile environment.
• Use Test Driven Development techniques and automate unit and integration tests.
• Use version control tools and procedures while developing new releases of software.
• Put in extra effort / time during critical time periods, to deliver solutions and troubleshoot problems.
• BS degree in Comp Sci, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, EE, or equivalent.
• Experience designing logical and physical data models/schema within the Oracle environment.
• Strong PL/SQL Server development experience including Functions, Triggers, Stored Procedures and complex statements.
• Solid Performance Tuning and Optimization experience in and Oracle database environment.
• Ability to develop SQL*Loader scripts (ETL) to transfer data from one system to another.
• Experience using GIT or other version control systems
• Experience with automated testing methods and platforms
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a PL/SQL Development Consultant to make his or her mark in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with really large enterprise databases. This is a real resume builder!
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.