Aavalar Consulting has an immediate requirement for an Oracle PL/SQL Tech Lead to work in a contract to hire (temp to perm) situation with one of our many financial services clients in the Philadelphia area. This is a a long term opportunity that will likely end up being a full time direct hire with the client.
Responsibilities include new development, maintenance, and management of various programs.
The successful candidate will have Investment Processing experience, Agile development experience and will have developed Enterprise applications.
Consultant Title: Tech Lead PL/SQL Developer
Work Location: King of Prussia Area
Is Telecommuting possible? Probably not
Work environment: State of the art Data Center, software tools, computer hardware, etc. Smart bunch of folks that are great to work with.
Who does this position will report to?: Sr. Development Manager
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor? Increased work load… Business is booming !!
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of the contract?: 6 month to long term to direct hire
What is the size of department?: 20+
– Provide hands on PL/SQL development, mentoring and Leadership
– Provide 3rd party application integration support
– Provide Investment Processing domain knowledge
Role with the group: PL/SQL Development Tech Lead
Required Skills / Experience:
– At least 8 to 10 years of PL/SQL Development experience.
– Experience in oracle 11g , including latest features and analytical functions
– Ability to conceptualize, design and write complex SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, Packages & Triggers.
– Experience using collections and Object types.
– Experience in Query Tuning and Performance Optimization
– Experience in implementing various advanced features of Oracle such as Table Partitioning, Indexing strategies, DBMS_Scheduler, DBMS_ALERT etc.
– 3 to 5 years of Technical Leadership experience
– 5+ years of full life cycle software development, testing, etc. with large enterprise level systems
– Experience with Investment Processing systems
– Top notch verbal and written communication skills
– Basic knowledge of data architecture… Entity Relationships, Data Modeling, etc.
– Solid experience working in an Agile development environment.
– Solid Experience writing technical specifications
Desired Skills / Experience:
– Unix nagivation and shell scripting experience
– Experience with enterprise level systems production support
Dress Code: Business Casual
Target Pay Rate: $55/hr for consulting on a W2 basis, $101K to $110K salary plus $10K to $15K bonus for full time direct employment once converted to an employee of the client
Keywords: Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX, Scripting, Data Architecture, Tech Lead, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Agile Development, Investment, Financial Services