Aavalar Consulting is working with an Production Design and Engineering Team within a large client in the Western Suburbs of Philadelphia PA. Currently the team designs, builds and supports critical Production Services including batch job streams and schedules, file movements, user access portals, technical monitor tools, and metrics collection. These services originate either as part of release development plan, as part of a rollout of a new service offering, or in response to specific technical or business challenges. The Team is responsible for ensuring that the Production Services are not only rolled out in a timely manner, but also as part of a mature technical operational model.
This is a very desirable, high profile client to work for. The technology is cutting edge and environment is really enjoyable to work in. This opportunity is really a resume builder!
Aavalar has been engaged to provide a Production Manager to our client. The successful candidate will ensure that this model is well defined, documented, refined over time based on new learnings and experiences, and adhered to in a consistent, sustainable manner.
We will consider contract to hire candidates if the skill set is a perfect match. Excellent communication skills are a must.
Title: Production Manager
Work Location: Western Suburbs of Philadelphia – King of Prussia
Is Telecommuting possible? No
– Beautiful suburban office campus with easy parking.
– Lots of amenities
– Lots of responsibility and exposure to senior management!
– Tremendous potential for advancement
Who does this position will report to? Chief Systems Architect
What is the start date ?: ASAP
What is the size of group?: TBD… Growing
– Ensure proper identification, classification and documentation of new “production services” before they go live as part of the Agile “production readiness” process.
– Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions to impacted parties so they are aware of new production services and how to deal with any related support issues.
– Maintain batch job runbook “templates” and ensure all parties are aware of current versions.
– Ensure batch job runbooks kept updated and accessible to all support parties.
– Work with Agile teams who have new requirements to identify appropriate placement of jobs within the existing stream.
– Maintain and communicate the batch job flowcharts including periodic reviews with interested teams.
– Maintain and communicate SLAs and OLAs and ensure automated processes are in place to capture, monitor, and report on key events.
– Research Issues and provide analysis of “chronic production issues”; Manage status of follow-up to those issues
– Maintain documentation for “Engineering Services” e.g. Docloading, File Transmissions, SQL*Loading, File Splitting, etc. and communicate to appropriate parties.
– Review production metric trends and escalate appropriately [e.g. job run time creep.] Work with engineers to automate this analysis where practical.
– Address questions from client teams, other support teams, and development. Ensure frequently asked questions are documented in accessible formats on the Team site or referred to other responsible teams for follow-up.
Role with the group : Tech Ops Lead / Manager
– A minimum of 5-8 experience working with complex technical services in the Financial Services industry.
– Experience working with development, business and support teams to implement robust technical solutions and resolve complex scheduling, monitoring, file management and other related support issues.
– Understanding of basic system architecture principles such as security, scale, and maintainability.
– Demonstrable work history of multi-tasking and completing multiple parallel assignments while working in an interrupt driven environment.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Technology project management
– Experience using monitoring and analysis tools such as BMC Control-M Scheduler and Batch Impact Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Dundas Dashboards.
– ITIL certifications
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical core business hours
How is compensation structured?
– Base Salary: $100K range
– Bonuses: Target 10K
Pay Rate (for contract to hire): $52 W2
What other benefits are there?
– Major Medical Insurance: Yes… with contributory portion
– Dental/Vision Insurance: Yes
– Long Term Disability Insurance: Yes
– Life Insurance: Yes
– Pension/ 401k: Yes
Dress Code: biz casual
Who is involved in the interview process?
– Phone interview with Chief Architect
– In-person interview with manager and several senior members of the production support staff
Keywords: Tech Ops, Technical Operations, Data Center Management, Production Support, Project Management, ITIL Certification, Monitoring and analysis, BMC Control-M Scheduler, Batch Impact Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Dundas Dashboards