Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is working with one of our national clients in Center City Philadelphia to provide a Senior Level Project Manager who has experience delivering large scale projects in IT as well as projects in areas outside of IT for large enterprise companies. In other words, we are not looking for an IT specific PM. The successful consultant will be able to track and direct project success and progress from a “big picture” point of view while maintaining knowledge of and resolving problems with detailed issues.
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia / Princeton NJ
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The Program Management office we are working with at this particular client has some special internal operations projects to complete, and needs additional project management capacity.
What is the start date: ASAP
Scope: This will be an initial 12 month engagement with probable extensions. Our client does 6 month POs.
• Deliver large projects that involve various teams with different functions which are located in various parts of the country.
• Work with end users to gather requirements and help create use cases.
• Guide the design phase, obtain approvals as needed and manage development, testing and integration.
• Develop relationships with business stake holders, technical teams and vendor partners
• Handle change management including tracking and signoff.
• Manage budget and improve cost and quality
• Help to define and improve best practices for Project Management.
• Provide reporting and open communication between management and project teams.
• Resolve conflicts between stake holders and technical implementers.
• BS degree.
• 10+ years of Project Management with large scale projects both in IT as well as outside of IT.
• Experience with software that is generally used in Project Management like MS Project, bug/issue tracking software like Jira, MS Excel, etc..
• Proven demonstrable leadership experience.
• Experience in an Agile development environment
• Great communication, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
• Some experience with SQL would be helpful
• Experience with SAP
• Experience migrating a portfolio of accounts from one system to another
• Experience with waterfall software development
• Experience succeeding in regulated industries such as financial, pharmaceutical, DoD, etc.
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for an experienced PM to make his or her mark in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with really large enterprise projects that have visibility with executive management. This is a real resume builder!
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual