Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is working with a client in Center City Philadelphia to provide a Software Development Consultant who has expert level experience developing Python and has experience using the Django web framework. The successful candidate for this engagement also needs to have some familiarity with the AWS development environment including Simple Queue Service, Command Line Services, and Lambdas. On the database side you will have be familiar with SQL Server, Oracle, and/or open source databases like PostgreSQL ) and understand how to work around problems in the Common Language Runtime code.
Job Title: Python / Django Developer
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia / Princeton NJ
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group is growing under a new manager who is an accomplished software engineer and proponent of Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development
What is the start date: ASAP
• Design, develop, test, maintain and update software applications that are specific to our client’s industry in an Agile environment.
• Use Test Driven Development techniques and automate unit and integration tests.
• Use databases such as SQL Server and AWS S3.
• Identify performance problems and correct those problems in new and existing code.
• Utilize version/change control tools and procedures
• Work in a BA capacity to gather requirements and create use cases as well as test plans.
• Expert level Python development experience including best practices
• Experience using the Django web framework
• Solid object oriented programming experience
• Familiarity with Functional programming
• Experience deploying production code in a Unix environment
• Understanding of message based, asynchronous processing
• Experience working with open source SQL Databases as well as MS SQL Server… Creating database schemas, SQL Programming, etc.
• Experience with web services like REST, SOAP, etc.
• Experience with various features of AWS development environment including:
o Software Development Kits
o Command Line Services (cli)
• Understanding of functional programming
• Familiarity with concurrency patterns
• Knowledge of architectural and design patterns
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Real world experience testing software from beginning to integration.
• Experience using GIT or other version control systems
• Experience with automated testing methods and platforms
• Some experience with .NET Core or Java
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a Python aficionado to gain some valuable experience and really make a difference on a large enterprise scale development effort.
• You will get to work with other software engineers who are really top notch…
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual