Aavalar is working with a client with offices in Center City Philadelphia and near Princeton, NJ to provide a Software Development Consultant who is proficient in Python development and has experience using the Django web framework. It would be a big plus if the successful candidate in this engagement had some familiarity with the AWS development environment including Simple Queue Service (SQS), EC2, S3 and EBS. On the database side you will have to be familiar with SQL Server, and open source databases like PostgreSQL ). On the front end, PHP or ASP knowledge will be necessary.
Job Title: Python / Django Developer
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia / Princeton NJ
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group is growing under a new manager who is an accomplished software engineer and proponent of Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development
What is the start date: ASAP
• Assist in requirements gathering from stakeholders and create clear concise requirements documents.
• Design, develop, test, maintain and update software applications that are specific to our client’s industry while following the team’s Agile Scrum development practices.
• Use Test Driven Development techniques and automate unit and integration tests.
• Use databases such as SQL Server and AWS S3.
• Identify performance problems and correct those problems in new and existing code.
• Utilize version/change control tools and procedures
• Python development experience.
• Experience using the Django web framework
• Experience developing PHP or ASP code.
• Solid experience with Test Driven Development and testing software from unit testing through integration
• Solid experience with version control software like GIT
• Experience working with open source SQL Databases as well as MS SQL Server… Creating database schemas, SQL Programming, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Comp. Sci., Software Engineering, Computer Engineering from an accredited four year university or equivalent experience
• At least 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience with various features of AWS development environment including:
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a mid level Python developer to work with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
• You will really get to make a difference on a large enterprise scale development effort. Great resume builder!
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.