Aavalar has immediate opportunities with one of our global clients that has offices in Princeton, NJ as well as New York City, for experienced software engineers who have hands on experience developing Business Intelligence solutions using the Qlik suite of products… Primarily Qlik Sense. Successful candidates will have experience processing huge amounts of data to create dashboards, reports, etc. When we say huge amounts of data we’re not kidding. This is a real Big Data environment. Ability to code complex logic is an absolute must for this job. Just “using the tool” will not cut it. The technical domain includes all aspects of the solution including enterprise class business intelligence / data analytics with a thorough understanding of data warehouse, data mart, big data, data integration, data architecture, information delivery, etc.
Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Work Location: Princeton, NJ and New York, NY
Work environment: Professional and modern open office atmosphere
To whom does this position report? Team Lead, Data Warehouse
What is the start date? ASAP
• Substantial experience developing Business Intelligence solutions in general.
• Specific expert level experience using Qlik’s “Qlik Sense” in an Big Data environment
• Strong Data Reporting and Visualization experience using Qlik’s Associative engine
• Extensive experience designing and developing complex SQL scripts / programs
• Experience gathering requirements from stake holders and translating those requirements to technical specifications
• Strong / perfect oral and written communication skills
• Desire to work under aggressive deadlines… We’re looking for folks who want to test the limits of what is possible!
• BI Experience with a variety of different tools would be nice to have.
• Project Management skills including project proposals, estimation, planning, gap analysis, risk analysis
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical professional day
Dress Code: Business Casual
Interview process: Phone interview with team member followed by an in person with the Hiring Manager for qualified candidates
Compensation: Depends on experience. We are considering all levels of experience
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT, Engineering and Accounting professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment.