Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Employee Title: Senior Software Application Architect
Work Location: Northern Suburbs of Philadelphia, PA
Is Telecommuting possible: When necessary
Beautiful private office in a cube setting. State of the art technology, with onsite cafeteria, patio with barbeque outside by a pond, very friendly, business casual.
Who does this position will report to: Director or Senior Manager
Why is there a need for this employee: The company is growing. Need to increase their development capacity.
What is the start date: ASAP
What is the size of team:
Depending on the group, there might typically be 12 to 16 members
What projects will you be involved with:
Design, and management of new application development.
• Partner with Multiple teams across all business functions and all development teams to meet all project goals.
• Design solutions per requirements.
• Define guidelines, best practices, quality and performance goals.
• Analyze existing business processes, develop and extend current management solutions and automation.
• Create training materials, and help improve quality and efficiency.
• Create task and project estimates and perform project management as needed
Role with the group: Senior Software Architect – Microsoft Environment
• Solid experience in software systems architecture
• At least 8 to 10 years of experience in development and architecture of internal business applications
• BS in Computer Science or Equivalent years of experience
• Really great communication skills… verbal and written
• Strong project management skills
• C# .NET Development experience
• Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Work Flow (WF)
• Experience and commitment to Test Driven Development
• Ability to translate business objectives into programming requirements
• Ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
What experience would out you in front of the crowd?
• Cloud-based architecture
• Project management certification
Selling point of the job:
What’s not to love? Vacation days are not tracked! Latest and greatest technologies! Cool industry! Company parties and barbeques! Chance to INNOVATE and INVENT!!!
Work Hours and Schedule: 40 hours, flexible work schedule
Is there travel involved? If so how much? No travel
Dress Code: Business Casual
Who is involved in the interview process? Director, Sr. Manager, Principal Engineer