Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is working with a client in Center City Philadelphia to provide a Senior Level Software Developer fluent in Python, as well as SQL Development and also well versed in Agile Development / Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development.
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group is growing under a new manager who is an accomplished software engineer and proponent of Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development
What is the start date: ASAP
• Design, develop, test, maintain and update software applications that are specific to our client’s industry
• Mentor less experienced developers
• Interact with internal customers (business stakeholders) to establish functional requirements
• Follow the Scrum/Test Driven Development/Extreme Programming development techniques
• Utilize version/change control tools and procedures
• At least 10 years of enterprise level software development experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Solid experience doing Python development
• Hands on experience with various web frameworks
• Thorough understanding of the Model-View-Template (MVT) architecture
• Experience working with open source SQL Databases as well as MS SQL Server
• Real world experience testing software from beginning to integration.
• Experience using GIT or other version control systems
• Familiar with AWS
• Understanding of asynchronous task queue / job queue software
• Overtime will be required during critical situations
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity to gain high visibility in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with a manager who is truly a “student of the game”… Software development that is…
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual
Who is involved in the interview process:
• Director of Development and other Senior Members of the Team