Aavalar is working with a client in Center City Philadelphia to provide a Software QA / Tester who will oversee the quality of software products and systems from unit testing through release management and into production. This is largely a .NET environment with some exposure to AWS. Automated testing experience is highly desirable for this consulting role.
Job Title: Software QA Tester
Work Location: Center City Philadelphia / Princeton NJ
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group we are working with at this particular client is developing .NET and SQL Server applications and deploying on AWS. The group is expanding and does not have the capacity necessary to complete the project backlog… Thus the need for consultants and contractors.
What is the start date: ASAP
• Follow our client’s Scrum development best practices and techniques including Extreme Programming (XP) and of course Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Actively collaborate with the development teams to turn requirements into acceptance criteria and build well defined test cases.
• Make sure every defect found by a customer has a corresponding test to ensure against regression
• Work independently but communicate constantly and effectively with the team.
• BS degree in Comp Sci, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, EE, or equivalent experience.
• At least 3-5 years professional quality assurance or development experience is required.
• Experienced in testing software all the way from unit testing to system testing to integration testing.
• Experience building well-tested software, preferably through test automation.
• Experience with Relational Databases, preferably PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL Server.
• Experience using JIRA in a Scrum process.
• Understands Python Development and the Django Framework and/or Ruby Development
• Familiarity with Selenium browser automation software
• Experience with version control software like GIT
• Experience with build and release management
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a Software QA Consultant to gain valuable experience in an enterprise .NET environment and exposure to AWS
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.