Aavalar Consulting has an immediate long term consulting opportunity for a SQL Server Developer who has experience developing SQL code in MS SQL Server 2008. The successful candidate will develop SQL queries for MRP and ERP systems as well as other internal systems. In addition to pure database development this individual will also be involved with IT infrastructure tasks such as virtual server maintenance, website modifications and network maintenance.
Consultant’s Title: SQL Server Developer
Work Location: Marlton, NJ
Is Telecommuting possible? Not at this time.
Who does this position will report to?: Director of IT
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor?Rapid growth!!
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of this opportunity?:
Initial 12 month with probable extension to 18 months and beyond.
– Responsible for the design, programming and support of various internal computer programs written in Microsoft SQL/Server 2008.
– Responsible for maintaining company servers and infrastructure using Microsoft server 2008 R2 and Server 2012.
– Responsible for implementing IT infrastructure improvements related to Data backup improvements, Broadband services improvements, Company website improvements.
– Responsible for adding new computer systems to the domain, maintaining security, and providing support for internal network related issues.
– Responsible for providing virtualization support using Microsoft Hyper-V and VM Ware.
Role with the group: SQL/Server Developer – Infrastructure support
Required Skills / Experience:
– Microsoft SQL 2008 programming skills and knowledge of Microsoft server 2008 R2 and Server 2012.
– Microsoft Hyper-V and VM Ware experience.
– Linux system admin experience.
– Computer network topology and corporate firewall implementation.
– BS Degree in Comp. Sci., Management Information Systems, or similar.
– Three to Eight years of industry Experience.
Desired Skills: MRP or ERP systems experience
Selling point of the job: This is an opportunity for a database developer to wear a couple different hats. Our client is a small to mid sized company that is growing rapidly… There are lots of different career paths.
Dress Code: Business Casual
Target rate: Open.. Don’t want to exclude anyone but need to be competitive.
Keywords: MS SQL-Server, SQL Development, Database, Infrastructure, VMware, Network, Firewall, ERP, MRP