Aavalar Consulting has an immediate requirement for a PHP Developer with Laravel experience and outstanding creativity and experience working in a highly collaborative yet independent development environment. The individual who succeeds in this position must have strong and current PHP development skills, and be able to fill in the gaps between front end and back end development. An important part of this position is the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in full life cycle development. This is one of our exciting new technology clients.
This role is ultimately full time and permanent, but if you’re a pure consultant or someone interested in a contract to hire arrangement and you can get the job done – APPLY NOW!!
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Employee’s Title: Sr. PHP – Laravel Developer
Work Location: Office is located in the Northern suburbs of Philadelphia
Is Telecommuting possible? Yes!
Work environment: Collaborative growing team of innovative techies work in a modern development environment
Who does this position will report to?: VP of Product Development and Operations
What is the start date? Immediately!
What is the size of department?:
- Small team of about 10 people – located all over the globe, including on site
What projects will the employee be involved with?:
- Our client is in the critical launch period of their new product – it is an innovative, video intensive portal that can be user configured in an endless variety of workflows. So the right candidate will be a part of NEW product development, and have to respond to market demands, adapt to changes in the roadmap, etc.
- Develop customer facing applications
- Code reviews and refactoring
- Promptly respond to and fix any issues
- Manage source control using GIT
- Work with the systems team to meet goals and standards of the Product Owner
Role with the group: Sr. Developer – full stack
- Strong PHP development – especially if you want to work remotely, you’ll need to hit the ground running
- Laravel Framework experience
- MVC patterns experience
- GIT experience managing source control
- SQL Database experience – preferably MySQL
- HTML, CSS knowledge
- PHPUnit testing framework
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with Restful API
- Working knowledge of JSON
- Experience with deployment tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Rails development experience
Bonus Structure?: For full time employees – yes. Depends on level of experience and is based on personal, department, and corporate performance and goals
Benefits?: Outstanding Healthcare – 100% paid by employer right off the bat. Stock options are offered later
Why apply?: They’re a fun group of people working on the latest technologies and projects. Telecommuting is possible for candidates who don’t need hand holding! Free lunches twice a week. Great opportunity to work on a project from start to finish
Work Hours and Schedule: Flexible schedule – most work from about 9-5 in the office, but because they’ve got employees all over the world (Seattle, UK, etc.), as long as you get the job done, work hours and in/out time are flexible
Is there travel involved? If so how much? No travel involved
Dress Code: Casual
Who is involved in the interview process? Phone screen then face to face interview. F2F will require a tech test. Interview with the VP of Product Development and Operations, Lead Developer, and Project Manager