Position Title: System Test Engineer
Aavalar has an immediate requirement for a System Test Engineer who will develop software to test some pretty complex equipment that is controlled by embedded processors as well as application level software. The successful candidate for this role will create test software that will execute, tack and report on functional as well as performance tests.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the creation of highly complex electronics products that rely on math intensive algorithms to function. This is cutting edge computer engineering, and you won’t be bored!
Work Location: West Chester, PA
Work environment: Low rise office building in a beautiful suburban setting
Who does this position report to: Director of Engineering
Why is this position open? Company Growth and new product development
• Develop test scripts to test newly developed software.
• Develop programs to control test equipment including robots
• Capture tests statistics, analyze the stats, and report on findings.
• Work with design engineers to troubleshoot problems with hardware and software
• Package automated test procedures so that they can be used by other engineers and testers.
• Document test procedures for use by other team members.
• BS in Electrical or Computer, Engineering or a similar degree
• Experience programming in C/C++, or C#
• Debugging / troubleshooting experience with hardware/firmware/software systems
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
Selling point of the job:
• Our client creates some really complex and interesting systems. If you are looking for an intellectual challenge and not just a job, this is for you.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical Business hours with some flex
Dress code: Biz Casual
Who is involved in the interview process?
• This is a pretty typical interview process. It will likely start out with a phone conversation and progress to in-person interviews with the Director and other senior members of the technical staff as well as HR.
Target Start Date: ASAP
• Major Medical Insurance: Yes with employee contribution
• Dental/Vision Insurance: Yes with employee contribution
• Long Term Disability Insurance: Yes
• Life Insurance: Yes
• Pension/ 401k : Yes with employer matching
• Tuition Reimbursement: Yes
• Flexible Medical Spending Accounts: Yes
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.