Position Title: Tier 3 Help Desk
Work Location: Near Wilmington, DE
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Office Building/Warehouse
Responsibilities: Highest level in a three-tiered model support and will handle the most difficult or advanced problems. Tier 3 Help Desk will be responsible for assisting Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel with research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues. Review the work orders and assess the time already spent with the customer so that the work is prioritized and time management is sufficiently utilized. Upon encountering new problems, however, Tier 3 personnel must first determine what’s required to solve the problem and may require the customer’s contact information so that the technician can have adequate time to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution.
• Ability to readily work with desktop applications and email- Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Experience with application coding, log reading/triage and process of building and servicing applications.
• Specific database log and query construct and read capability
• All of the tier 1 and 2 attributes plus systems engineering troubleshooting, putty, SQL database queries and advanced system knowledge.
• Use of electrical and mechanical device experience.
• Required college degree in an engineering discipline preferably information, computer science, or equivalent experience and potentially an advanced degree.
Is there travel involved? Yes If so how much? 40-50%
Dress code: Business Casual
How is compensation structured?
Target Start Date: ASAP
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.