If you are an SAP Manager / Director with functional and technical experience… This could be your next big career move!
A long standing client of Aavalar is building out a regional location near Harrisburg, PA. Over the next several months Aavalar will be helping our client build their IT organization which will report up to the CIO/VP of IT.
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving processes and procedures while ensuring that the SAP environment is secure and running efficiently. Evaluation of infrastructure and systems on a regular basis to ensure efficient well maintained systems is key.
Importantly the individual in this role will be responsible for continuous delivery of IT services. Typical responsibilities will include monitoring system performance, directing production support and adhering to service level agreements with end users.
Position Title: Director-SAP Solutions and Architecture
Work Location: Harrisburg / Lancaster, PA Area
• Beautiful suburban facility with ample free parking and convenient access from major highways.
Who does this position report to? CIO / VP of IT
Why is this position open? Expansion / New Organization
Size of department: 23 initially
Projects involved with:
• Direct application development, maintenance and continuous delivery of SAP based IT Services.
• Design and maintain both on-premise and cloud strategies involving the SAP portfolio.
• Be subject matter expert, advisor and visionary on SAP based technologies and recommend new technologies that will increase profitability.
• Define, publish, and enforce an applications infrastructure architecture that enables integration of enterprise applications.
• Evaluate technical designs of infrastructure and systems to ensure sound investments.
• Devise, implement, and continuously improve operational processes and procedures to ensure an appropriately maintained and secure SAP environment.
• Provide technical leadership and direction to the IT organization in the area of enterprise architecture to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
• Drive business case definition for key projects.
• Direct off-shore SAP services from both a commercial relationship and operations perspective, in the areas of application development, security, Basis, etc.
• Oversee program level planning. Ensure plans are created and updated in a timely manner, communicated to relevant stakeholders, assess risks, and manage deliverables.
• Ensure continuous delivery of IT services by monitoring system performance, directing production support and adhering to service level agreements with end users.
• Manage assigned staff through successful recruitment, performance management, development planning, and retention of a high performing team. Effectively delegate responsibilities to achieve group goals and align individuals to the best of their abilities, while ensuring optimal oversight and supervision to ensure goals are achieved and appropriate growth in technical, leadership and team membership skills.
• BS degree – comp. sci., engineering, business administration or an equivalent
• Demonstrable experience working and managing a complex portfolio of business applications.
• Strong SAP experience in a manufacturing environment…. 10+ years of functional and technical experience with the SAP
• Experience to operating in a global IT function.
• Demonstrated leadership experience managing a complex SAP technical environment.
• Solid experienced in technical project management.
• Experience working with offshore resources.
• Willingness to travel up to 20%.
• Experience working in a large matrix organization
Selling point of the job:
• This is an opportunity to be part of an IT organization that is being built from the ground up and really make a huge contribution
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical professional day
Is there travel involved? If so how much? Yes… Up to 20%
Dress code: Business Casual
How is compensation structured?
>Base Salary: $165K range (not written in stone)
>Bonuses: 25% Eligible
>Stock options: TBD
What other benefits are there?
>Major Medical Insurance: Yes
>Dental/Vision Insurance: Yes
>Long Term Disability Insurance: TBD
>Life Insurance: TBD
>Pension/ 401k: TBD
*** Relocation Assistance is available ***
Who is involved in the interview process?
CIO and other senior executives as well as HR in a series of phone, on-site, and/or video conference
Target Start Date: ASAP
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.