Are you interested in working for one of the most impressive companies in the world, bar none?
Do you want to work with state of the art technology in one of the top ten Technology Centers in the country?
Could you benefit from working with some of the sharpest minds in the Information Technology business?
If the answers are yes, then you’re in the right place. Check out the details below, but by all means apply NOW.
Please note: we’ve listed this as a consulting role, but we (and our client) will also consider developers who are interested in full time direct employment.
We have an immediate need for a Kafka expert who has built Kafka. We’re not looking for someone who has only used Kafka. The successful candidate / consultant will be familiar with configuring Kafka for resiliency and performance in a high transactional environment (over 10k tps). Person should be able to recommend layout strategies to accomplish our goals, also be familiar with replication across data centers and how to configure messages leveraging Avro schema definitions.
Consultant’s Title: Kafka Administrator
Work Location: Wilmington DE
Is Telecommuting possible? No… Need to be onsite
Work environment: Beautiful State of the Art Technology Center
Who does this position will report to?: Director of Software Development
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor?
• Business is booming… Our client is building amazing technology solutions
What is the start date of the contract?: ASAP
What is the anticipated length/scope of the contract?: Long term
What is the size of department?: TBD… Let’s just say growing and thriving
• Build Kafka for specific client applications (not just a user)
• Configure Kafka for a high throughput transactional environment (> 10k tps)
• Recommend layout / configuration strategies
• Configure replication across data centers
• Configure messages in Avro
Role with the group: Kafka Admin / Expert
• BS degree or equivalent experience
• Hands on experience developing and operating large-scale messaging systems using Kafka
• Strong Java development skills
• Strong experience in multi-threaded applications and parallel processing, with a strong grasp of concurrency concepts
• Knowledge of Kafka performance controls, security, scalability, and operational proficiency.
• Ability to configure and manage clusters. Design and deploy for resiliency
• Experience in developing Microservices and production implementation
• Experience with TCP/IP, networking technologies and protocols
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture and how it all works together
Selling point of the job:
• If you are a Kafka expert, this is an opportunity to apply your craft on one of the biggest stages in the world!
Work Hours and Schedule: Core business hours with some flex
Is there travel involved?
• There may be an opportunity to visit various offices in the world from time to time, but travel isn’t a core requirement of the job.
Dress Code: Biz casual
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.