Aavalar is hiring a consultant for a project with a client near Paoli PA, to redesign and develop a system that will interface and integrate with Oracle Forms based systems. To be successful the consultant who takes on this project will have solid experience with Oracle Forms and Oracle Apex (Oracle Application Express).
Consultant’s Title: Oracle APEX Developer
Work Location: Malvern, PA
Is Telecommuting possible? TBD
Work environment: Very Nice Suburban Office Campus near Paoli PA.
Who does this position will report to?: Senior VP of IT
Why is there a need for a consultant/contractor?
Legacy system is being modernized and augmented. Heavy PL/SQL and Apex and FORMS Development will be required for new development and refactoring of existing systems.
What is the start date of the contract?: January 2014
What is the anticipated length/scope of the contract?: Through 2014
What is the size of department?: TBD – Growing
What projects will the consultant be involved with?:
Analysis of existing Oracle Forms based system to reverse engineer business rules.
Oracle PL/SQL and Apex development.
– Analyze the existing system to capture business rules.
– Help to build a framework which will allow a mostly open source front end to access business rules.
Role with the group: PL/SQL, FORMS and Oracle Apex Developer
– Expert Oracle PL/SQL Development
– Oracle Forms Development experience
– Oracle Web Development experience using Oracle Application Express (APEX)
– Experience developing in an Agile Scrum environment
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
– Solid knowledge of HTML and/or XHTML
– Experience with XML:DB
– Experience with XSD and XSLT
– Open Source development experience in PHP, MySQL.
Selling point of the job:
This is a high visibility, long term project which will provide the opportunity to work with open source web development tools coupled with an enterprise level Oracle database. It is truly a nice place to work… smart, down-to-earth people who have reasonable expectations and delivery deadlines that actually make sense. In short it’s really well managed.
Work Hours and Schedule: Typical business hours with plenty of flexibility
Dress Code: Business Casual
Who is involved in the interview process?
Senior VP, and senior members of the technical staff.
Target rate: TBD – Open
Keywords: Oracle, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, XMLDB, XML:DB, Database Development, APEX, Oracle Application Express