Aavalar is working with a prestigious client in Houston, TX to provide an Oracle PL/SQL Development Consultant who has expert level experience delivering well designed, thoroughly tested, PL-SQL code including Functions, Triggers, and Stored Procedures. The successful consultant will be well versed in the use of complex algorithms to develop systems & applications that deliver business functions. Communications skills need to be nearly perfect… articulate and personable so as to work with end users and business stake holders to develop requirements.
Job Title: PL/SQL Developer
Work Location: Houston, TX
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group we are working with at this particular client has some special database development projects to complete, and does not have the capacity to develop it with the current staff.
What is the start date: ASAP
• Use complex algorithms to develop systems & applications that deliver business functions
• Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex algorithms.
• Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures
• Write functional & technical design documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for
• 7+ years of PL/SQL experience
• 7+ years experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level IT solutions.
• 2+ years experience with APEX
• Basic knowledge about JAVA scripting & HTML
• 2+ years experience with relational database design with Oracle
• 2+ years experience with UNIX
• Ability to design and develop applications using Oracle PL/SQL technology.
• Strong understanding of SDLC/Agile concepts
• Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and a drive to deliver robust solutions with high quality.
• Experience with procedures, functions, packages, types, and triggers, including reuse.
• Good communication, comprehension and analytical skills
• Utility industry experience is a plus but not required
• Experience using GIT or other version control systems
• Experience with automated testing methods and platforms
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a PL/SQL Development Consultant to make his or her mark in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with really large enterprise databases. This is a real resume builder!
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual
Keywords: PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Database Performance Tuning, SQL*Loader, Data Models
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.