Position Title: SQL DBA
Work Location: Chadds Ford
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Office Buildings
Responsibilities: Daily responsibilities will range from TSQL performance optimization, automating SQL Server and Windows with PowerShell. While also working with software developers and business leads to create high quality database solutions.
• Drive for high quality database solutions and strong sense of ownership
• Experience automating manual processes
• Experience developing, optimizing stored procedures, and functions using T-SQL
• Must be able to review and modify current and new stored procedures to improve performance (while educating others)
• Working history with database maintenance, optimization, and replication
• Ability to collaborate in the physical, logical architecture, and design of the relational database schemas.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time while collaborating with peers to make best technical decisions.
• Must be able to develop procedures and scripts for data migration
• Must be available to provide off hour support when needed
• Advanced experience with T-SQL programming
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 internals
• In depth knowledge of Data Performance Troubleshooting and enhancements
• Working experience with SQL Server database administration
• Object-Oriented software architecture, design, and implementation
• Strong experience with PowerShell Programming
• Strong Experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
• Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services
Selling point of the job: Company is growing fast. Fun and fast paced open floor plan environment to promote a collaborative approach. Disc Golf, Fire pit, Mac and Cheese cook offs.
Work Hours and Schedule: Standard Business hours
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Dress code: Completely Casual (Shorts and Flip Flops ok)
How is compensation structured?
>Base Salary: Yes
>Bonuses: Yes, discretionary bonus, and end of year bonus based on company performance.
>Stock options: Yes (based on years with company)
What other benefits are there?
>Major Medical Insurance (contributory or company paid?): Yes
>Pension/ 401k: Yes
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.