Position Title: Technical Support Specialist
Work Location: Absecon, NJ
Work environment (private office?, cube?, high rise office building?): Beautiful private office, with an open concept work space. Shared kitchen and smaller side kitchen area. Very casual dress for a relaxed collaborative work environment
Who does this position report to? Sr. Network Engineer
Why is this position open? Outstanding company growth
Size of department: 7 people
Projects involved with: First level customer support for any and all client technical problems, questions, or concerns.
– Technical support specialist will be responsible to handle first level technical support problems.
– They will take care of all lower level technical issues that don’t need to be escalated.
– They will need to have great customer service and communications skills.
– Linux command line experience
– Familiar with Linux server apps like Apache2, Postfix, MYSQL, Niginx, ETC
– Trouble Shoot TCP/IP networking issues.
– Trouble Shoot, Firewall and DNS problems
– B.S. in CS or prior related work experience
– Linux System Admin experience
– Linux Kernel
– Scripting in Perl, Python, Bash, Etc.
– Web Development and Web Development Frameworks
Selling point of the job: Great up and coming company with an excellent work environment. Room to grow with the company in many different career paths. Great benefits and flexible work hours.
Work Hours and Schedule: Flexible 40 hr. work weeks.
Is there travel involved? If so how much? Not likely
Dress code: Relaxed. Jeans, tees, and button downs.
How is compensation structured?
Base Salary: Yes
Bonuses: Profit sharing
What other benefits are there? Major Medical Insurance (contributory or company paid?): yes, $5000 towards HSA account
Dental/Vision Insurance: yes
Pension/ 401k Yes, 3% match
Who is involved in the interview process? CTO, HR, Team members
Target Start Date: ASAP