Our client is a stable, global company who is currently developing a very complex device and Aavalar Consulting has been exclusively engaged to provide a Technical Writer on a contract basis to provide technical production and testing documentation. This is a high priority, high visibility position. A job description follows:
Position Title: Technical Writer
Work Location: Wilmington, DE area
Length of Contract: 12-month period
Work environment: Fairly typical industrial office space in a nice suburban setting.
Reports to: Director
Projects involved: The focus of this documentation is in the areas of organics, protein purification and conjugation, and physical chemistry of solids.
Responsibilities: Gather necessary information, draft, edit, coordinate with production area leads, and implement very complex technical production and testing documentation.
– Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
– 5+ years writing and editing very complex technical documentation
– 5+ years of Chemistry/Biochemistry background
– Experience in an FDA regulated environment
– Familiar with physical chemistry and chemical production processes
– Understanding of basic antibody-antigen interactions
– Familiar with SAP-based manufacturing systems
– Experience with current diagnostic platforms (i.e. Vista, LOCI, Dimension, ADVIA, SCS and Syva)
– Familiar with GDP, GMP and GLP processes
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Selling point of the job: This is a state of the art development effort working with a team of highly skilled engineers. If you are interested in working on a true engineering application rather than a typical MIS application, this is the job for you.
Work Hours and Schedule: Regular business hours
Dress Code: Business casual
Interview process? The director will do a phone interview. If that goes well and in-person interview will be arranged at the client site.
Target Start Date: ASAP
Keywords: Vista, Dimension, ADVIA, LOCI, Syva, SCS, biochemistry, biochemist, technical writing, Gregg College Keyboarding & Document Processing, GDP, Good Manufacturing Process, GMP, GLP, Good Laboratory Processes