Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: IT Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and IT Search and Recruitment.
Aavalar is working with a client in Plano, TX to provide a Software Development Consultant who has experience in .NET development. The successful consultant will have be familiar with SQL Development (MS SQL Server specifically) and understand how work around problems in the Common Language Runtime code.
Job Title: VB.NET Developer
Work Location: Plano, TX
Work environment: Large modern office building
Why is there a need for this position:
• The group is growing under a new manager who is an accomplished software engineer and proponent of Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development
What is the start date: ASAP
• Manage support requests within defined SLAs
• Create/Maintain documentation for system processes
• Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs working within a team-oriented environment using various development toolsets
• Provide production support and monitoring of systems supporting business clients, occasionally after normal work hours
• Support SOX controls, testing and audits
• Regularly report status and raise issues/risks as appropriate. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control
• Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of company, operations, and IT applications and infrastructure teams
• Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and milestone time periods
• Interact with external entities: vendors, service providers and product vendors
• Interfaces with IT application owners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Escalates or resolves conflicts, as needed
• Helps identify and recommend options, risks and alternatives to deliver a robust and stable web infrastructure
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components
• Assists in researching, evaluating, specifying and coding the configuration of hardware and/or software for application’s environment
• Requires skill and proficiency in many technical functions and ability to integrate across disciplines
• Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices that may be applicable to the company
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with VB.NET
• Experience with MVC
• Advanced expertise in writing and tuning SQL queries and T-SQL language programming
• Advanced expertise with Visual Studio tools
• Knowledge and experience with source control management systems like Team Foundation Server
• Ability to work well in a team in collaboration with developers, customers, project managers, and requirements analysts
• Experience in interpreting functional specifications and developing software design specifications
• Perform analysis and identify solutions for moderately to complex technical and business problems
• Understand and contribute to functional requirements within the organization
• Design, develop, test, document, implement and maintain internally developed applications
• Provide technical support to project team members
• Manage assigned projects to schedule
• Keep current with industry trends and technologies/standards and research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge
• Assist in the development of standards for application development and create procedures that adhere to those standards in the performance of duties
• Experience with EXT.NET or EXT.JS is a plus
Selling point of the job:
• This is a great opportunity for a .NET Consultant to make his or her mark in a fast growing company.
• You will get to work with a manager who is truly a “student of the game”… Software development that is…
Work Hours and Schedule:
• Typical core business hours except when over time is needed.
Is there travel involved?
• Occasional… Will need to travel to various other sites when necessary
Dress Code: Biz Casual